Total Pageviews

Friday, January 27, 2012

work, work, work

Aloha,
(Just thought I should change up the intro) It's been unseasonably warm here in the windy city so I thought aloha was appropriate.  Well, week 2 is complete!  There is much to update everyone on.  First of all I forgot a few important details in my last post...for example where I'm working!  I got a job at BCD M&I and the easiest way I can explain what they do is basically a travel agent for large corporations and they also plan meetings for those corporations along with running incentive programs.  I started Thursday and it has been very exciting.  But now to back up a little... Last Sunday evening I went to one of the coolest churches I've ever been to it was the DePaul student mass and the church was beautiful and the music was like nothing I've ever heard before ...SO SO SO GOOD!

Monday, and Tuesday were the completion of our orientation meetings AMEN to that!   I also acquired a paying job for one night a week which is awesome because I'll have a little extra spending cash ...which will turn this blog right back into a food/pub blog ;) just kidding!  Anywhoo Wednesday was the first day of class and I will say it was kind of like high school in that we never really got breaks throughout the day except for lunch, but that is fine considering I only have class one day a week.  I will not have any tests this semester and I cannot tell you how happy this makes me.  There will, however, be many fieldtrips and guest speakers which is awesome. 

Thursday started my job and it was fun to meet new people and start a new journey in the HR world especially since this is what I want to do with my life.  Finally, Friday after work I got home and the roommates and I went out for Ice Cream at Oberweis which is a dairy ...they are known for their extremely good chocolate milk, and, I mean who doesn't love chocolate milk?!  This weekend will be fun trying out a few new pubs and site seeing with the friends.  Looking forward to seeing a good friend from back home ...Shout out to Kelly, can't wait to see ya!!
Oberweis Ice cream & Chocolate Milk.... mmmm Good!
*Cheers*

No comments:

Post a Comment