Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Windy city

Hello again,
I am writing to you from my hotel room unfortunately because that awful 24 hour flu has hit. Just a little update from the past couple days...Tuesday night we took part in a little event called the taste of Chicago -CS style. Each group was assigned an ethnic restaurant and given the address, if/when you arrive your meal would be paid for. Some groups got Mexican others got Chinese or Thai and some even got Italian.....I, on the other hand, was assigned freakin Indian, it was perhaps the most disgusting food I've ever tasted, and appeared as though it were 'pre-chewed' all I have to say is thank goodness it was free! That will also be the last time I ever step foot in an Indian restaurant as I'm still trying to get the smell of curry out of my coat.

Now, I'll get off of my high horse, the next day I was scheduled for two interviews and they both went well and took up a majority of my day. The third interview was supposed to be today and I didn't attend because of my sickness ...it is doubtful that I will make it up as that was my last choice anyways. I just want to give a shout out to the room service man who brought me free ginger ale and soup tonight ...how thoughtful! Also to steph and kailee for providing me with meds!

As for tomorrow, I can't wait to finally be settled into our apartment and most importantly see the fam bam when they deliver my excessive load of clothes and essentials, let's cross our fingers they don't get caught in the big ol snow storm!

*cheers*

1 comment:

  1. Oh, sister....feel better. Drink up lots of water and gatorade!! Hope your move goes well and the 'rent make it there safely! <3

    ReplyDelete