Hello everyone,
The madness has truly begun. After hoping on a bus at 3 in the morning after one hour of sleep I was off! And what a relief it was to finally make it to the city after that 4 hour bus ride where the driver apparently couldn't figure out the climate controls, we had highs of 85 and lows of 30 and that was on the bus!
But anyyyyways after I arrived I flagged down my first taxi like a champ and it was off to the hotel. Because the program didn't start until later, I went to a small coffee shop for the morning and and sipped coffee and caught up on episodes of the bachelor ;). I also got some lunch with a friend at Qdoba which by the way is to die for! (similar to Pancheros, only better)
Finally, our program began we checked into our hotel and had a night full of meetings which informed us of where we'd be interviewing and what our options of living are. Soo I'm excited to announce that I have 3 interviews one of which will be in the SEARS TOWER!! I was pretty excited about that. You'll have to check back in my next post to find out where I end up working! As far as housing my roommate and I who had been emailing back and forth finally met yesterday and she is awesome, we also added a third person to our group she is a friend of mine from Central....don't worry Emmy poo you're still my fav roomie ;)
Today we had our housing lottery which was how we picked what building/location we'll be living in and there are three of us who have a one bedroom apartment it'll be cozy! But I doubt we'll be spending a lot of time there anyways....and it is right downtown just off the loop. We'll move in Friday eeek! I'm Already annoyed of the orientation week and the corny 'get to know you games' that come along with it.
Public transportation is definitely causing a huge headache but as everyone says I'll just have to give it a week or two.... Let's hope I inherited my fathers Rand McNally like ways. So, I think that's about all I've got for an update right now, sorry I gotta get ready for the free wine bar that's about to take place in our hotel....
*cheers*
No comments:
Post a Comment