Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Monsanto- [mawn-san-toe]

Good evening everyone,

Bet you thought I'd never blog again it's been over a week I think.  Well, I fooled you because I'm Baaaaack!  So where to begin, my job is going well just getting to know the HR world a little better and loving it!  I know it's what I want to do with my life which is exciting and a relief.  Last Wednesday was our first real class without going through syllabi and stuff so we jumped right into it and went on a field trip :) Our class went on a walking tour to observe the architecture of the city.  Our professor for that class is more knowledgable than anyone should probably ever be as far as buildings in the city are concerned...so the next few pictures are of some cool things I saw on this tour:



This is a really cool model of the city with all of the streets labeled!

I think, not positive, but think this is the building where I work!

Different view of the city

We were able to go into some really pretty buildings on our walking tour...the next few pics are from that




Sunday I was able to attend a really beautiful church, very touristy so I prob won't be going there often but definitely glad I was able to experience it.  Little fun fact this church had a fire 3 years ago from the date this pic was taken and they thought it would never be rebuilt, but thankfully it was.  This picture hardly captures it's true beauty!



Last weekend was a lot of fun layed low Fri night and planned what we're going to do when some of my friends come in March!  Saturday we hit the town and our friends from Up Town Chicago came out in our neighborhood.  We hit up Shenannigans (personal fav) and then headed on over to "The Snuggery" quite the establishment....Here are a few pictures that we took before we went out:

A bunch of us girls before we went out...

Steph and I

Central girls!

This week has been filled with work and then today we went on another tour of the city for class.  This tour was taken by a 15 passenger van (Super sketch).  It was made very clear just why people take public transportation in this city because they have no clue how to drive.  Needless to say there were many of us who were car sick by the end of the 2 hour excursion.  I would say this week has been a major success thus far, so far Tuesday came with the news of me winning a free happy hour, which apparently in Chicago terms means happy 3 hours because from 9-12 on a night of my choice I can be happy at the establishment right outside my door...I felt pretty lucky for winning, until I found out that 3 other people in our program alone also won, but I wasn't mad about it!  Then I just recently got the news that my work was surprised with the great news that we get to wear jeans for the remainder of the week, and who doesn't love that!! I also get off work early Fri for a meeting with our CS program leader...sounds to me like it will lead to a great weekend, I can't wait to share about my weekend in my next blog I just know it will be a blast! ;)


So now, I've decided to add a new element to my blog...its going to be a segment I call "You Might Be In Chicago If..."  my own personal spin off of "You Might Be A Redneck if...."

Here it goes...

You Might Be In Chicago If....
1) You see the 'Don't walk' symbol start flashing and you pick up your pace
2) You hear someone who doesn't know how to say Monsanto....for pete's sake...this one really irritated me, I know its more of an agriculture company but you are a business person and monsanto is a successful, global company...get it right lady! (This should explain the title of this post)
3) You power walk like a beast...you will get run off of the side walk, I'm convinced
4) You get excited because there is an underground musician at your train stop while you're waiting...
5) You get used to not seeing any stars in the night sky...oh my lanta!
6) If you see hilarious people on the subway...which leads me to my final point, I'd like to leave you with a little video which from last week when we were waiting for the train...hilarious and I'm so thankful I had my camera on me ...lets just say this guy drew a crowd and I only caught part of it!




*Cheers*

No comments:

Post a Comment