Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Irish Shennanigans

ALOHAAA!
Hi everyone and greetings from the hottest freaking apartment in the city, that's right there is no air.  I hate to complain about heat in March but wowza its roasty toast in here.  ....So I shall start off this blog where I left of the last post....Vegas, well that's a no go! It was a fun night and we had a lot of people come out, but Some girl named Ashley apparently had 37 people join her party #lame.  Anyways we still had a night full of fun....






Sunday was a rough morning, but because Colton and Sarah were still in town we decided to go to 'brunch' at Duffy's (that was one way of dealing with how I felt) Duffy's is famous in Chicago for having all you can drink mimosa's and brunch from 10-3 every Sunday for $20 ....now who's gonna turn that down?! It truly is like a Friday night atmosphere on a Sunday morning...so weird!  We followed that up with a trip to the Lincoln Park Zoo (one of the most entertaining trips to the zoo I've ever been on)









Finally, Monday it was back to work (longest day ever) followed by my second job at CS office (eww).
The week flew by, we had a trip to the Chicago Center for Green Technology for class on Wednesday.  I followed that up with a walk with my friend along Lake Michigan it was such a beautiful day and we walked all the way to Navy Pier, amazing.

Beautiful day out on the pier

Thursday I attended a networking event for Central in Downtown Chicago where several Central Alumn attended. My roommate and I spoke about our experiences at Central and what the atmosphere is like, so that was fun! The networking event was followed up by a trip to see the Hubbard Street Dance company, they were great.  The night we were there we were able to see the world premier of one of their dances which was really cool to experience.

Friday was a very short day, followed by a TRIP HOME!!! Once I got into IC I was able to get a coffee from Starbucks, sounds irrrelevant, however it was awesome because I only had to pay $2 for my coffee instead of $5...never thought I'd be so excited about something so silly.  Once pops picked me up we headed for Poky with the fam bam to hit up some St Patty's day fun.

Uncle Tom's Coozie...represented it all weekend!

Friday night was a fun night at Ike's seeing the family and enjoying some of DJ Jimmy Jim's tunes.  Closing down the place with family and friends was enjoyable as well but probably not advised the night before the big ol' spillin trip.

Saturday morning came nice and early and it was time for Bride-Spilla/Princess Fiona to get ready for the big day.  We had to build a good base for the day so we grabbed some pizza ranch and it was off to the party buses.  This year we had 4 party buses, I think Grandpa would be proud!


some classic family quotes!

My family members new party bus, I'd say we broke 'er in right!

The lights change with the music

Ike's filling up before we left!


Our first stop on the bus was Pomeroy, lets be honest the bar sucked and therefore we left early. 
Granny, Ma, and Me


The monumental portion of the trip was when I discovered the greatest drink of all times.  This happened on the bus ride to Twin Lakes....everybody listen up, if you haven't tried Rum Chata...DO IT!! It has been described by some as tasting like the milk after you eat cinnamon toast crunch.  I will say that is quite accurate.

Twin lakes was full of fun (liquid cocaine shots with grandma) and a few spills that had to be cleaned up, but thats the fun of it right?!
This one's for you grams!

Our final stop was Palmer, I don't think we lost anyone until this stop (see picture below).  Palmer brought potato guns, AND Thankfully, there was food here, everyone was appreciative for that.  Finally we made it back to Ike's for some ISU basketball and the crowning of the co-king/queen and the All Irish Drinking Team (which I made!!) The night ended with some dancing shennanigans and once again shutting down the place. 

:)


Sunday this small town girl returned to the ville...and then visited wal-mart for the first time in 2 months (holy crap) it was much needed (s/o to Mom for all the stuff...much love)  Finally it was back to the city for another couple weeks.

Monday my class volunteered in a food distribution for the poor.  I was happy to help out, but extremely disappointed in how picky the people who are getting food for free can be. ..but I believe that is all for now!
Setting up to distribute the food!



*cheers*

No comments:

Post a Comment